Sunday, March 6, 2011

Patience is a.....pain

Seriously.  Let's forget the virtue thing.  Patience is painful. 

Let me start off this post by saying I absolutely hate being late to anything.  I can remember hating it as a child.  We were ALWAYS late and everyone was waiting on us.  I have vowed to not be late to things.  (I know, wait until I have kids, right?)

I don't have to wait.  I am being trained right now.  This morning as my beloved husband decided to get in the shower 20 minutes before church began, I found myself reciting "Love is patient... Love is patient... Love is patient"  We walked into church 5 minutes late and my little punctual self was not a happy camper. 

But then God said "Hey my Pouty Princess, listen here. When you have to wait on people, I am training you to wait on ME."  Humph.

Okay, okay. The world didn't end because we were five minutes late.  In fact, those five minutes might have kept us from being a part of an accident.   And the world won't end because God doesn't answer His door when I want to.  He'll open the door when He is ready.  I have a hard time remembering that God's delays are not God's denials.  I just have to WAIT.

Sigh.  I'm not good at waiting.  But I'll work on it....

2 comments:

  1. I keep praying for patience but He hasn't given it to me yet. So I just keep waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impatient. Like you, I try to remember that when I'm late to things (not by choice) that God doesn't want me to miss what He made me late for! Makes me LOOK around and see things I normally wouldn't normally see. I use to wonder how Jesus use to deal w/ the disciples impatience. They tho't His kingdom was going to start in their lifetime... tried to chase away the kids who came to Him, had to watch Him choose to hang out with normal people instead of trying to change the government and become powerful. Makes me kind of see that patient people are "sons of carpenters"... quietly recognizing opportunities in a normal day. Thanks for a great post Kacey.

    ReplyDelete