Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's a God thing...you wouldn't understand

I am still alive.  Just ridiculously busy. I don't have much time now.  I just had to share this cool story.  I never cease to be amazed by the way God works...when we let Him!

A few weeks ago we had missed church for like four weeks in a row because of guests in town or us being out of town.  When we went back to church, the tithe check had built up to quite a substantial sum.  Coach has granted me duties over the money, so I wrote out the tithe check and handed it to him.  He looked at it and said "Whoa, can we afford that?"  I said, "Yeah, it seems like a lot because we haven't been in so many weeks, but the way I see it, we can't afford NOT to."  He agreed. 

Living on a teacher's salary and a part time position is not easy, but we know that we have to tithe and God will take care of it.  Every month when I look at our income and our outflow, it doesn't match up.  At all.  But our bank account has somehow never gone into the negative.... somehow... someway.  *Looks for wood to knock on*

I actually know the way.  It's a God thing.  We don't understand it.  Here's the second part of that story. 

That tithe check DID hurt coming out of the bank.  We were strapped last week and not sure if we were going to be able to make a trip that we had to make for Coach's school.  I had finally resolved that it was a thing we had to do so I cringed and started digging out the credit card (yes, it is hidden.  I even contemplated freezing it in a coffee can like the girl in Confessions of a Shopaholic!).  BUT... the day before we were supposed to leave, I get an email from Amazon.com Marketplace from a textbook listing that I put up five months ago when I was cleaning out our back room and completely forgot about.  The book sold.  It was the most expensive book we had listed and coincedentially covered the money we needed. Seriously.... isn't God cool?  He knows how to make this girl smile and breathe a sigh of relief....and give him praise.... and ask forgiveness for not fully trusting Him...

Since then, our cell phone bill also decreased by $20, our electric bill by $50 and I've been able to work some extra time to bring in some extra money.   God is good...  ALL THE TIME!

1 comment:

  1. What a praise story... I always love reading these!

    ReplyDelete