Thursday, May 14, 2009

Less than one month away!

Yesterday morning I was greeted with an email from The Knot telling me I had exactly one month to finish planning one of the biggest, most expensive days of my life. Thanks for the reminder people, but I don't do well with countdowns.

Little by little... my "To Do List" for the wedding is getting shorter.
I'm one week away from my third and hopefully final dress fitting. Got an appointment for my trial hairdo on Saturday. I have all but 5 of our centerpieces done. And all but three of our aisle decorations done. And we go for our final meeting with the venue next week... and get to taste cake... YUM! I've just got small minor things from here on out. Except for maybe the whole name change thing... that's a little daunting to me. Have you ever stopped to look how many things your name is on??? (Car, loans, bank accounts, utilities, business cards, name plates, checks, address labels, drivers license, bank cards, credit cards... whew)

But with one month left, it's starting to really sink in that I'm getting married.... I'm moving three states away from the family I've spent my entire life with...I'm not going to get to watch Katie play softball, baseball, soccer, or any other thing she chooses to participate in...I won't get to listen to Khris be his goofy self... I won't get to eat Mom's good cooking as often... or find something different every day to give dad a hard time about. I'm going to be starting a new job.... I'm going to be living in my own place, maybe even buying my own house. I'm going to be a wife. (Hmm, note to self... come up with a new word for wife... it makes me feel old.) That is A LOT of change. It's going to take a lot of adjusting...and it'll be a lot of ups and downs but in the end, it'll all be worth it. I'm ready for the next chapter of my life with Russ. I'm excited to start a new family (as old as that makes me feel) and... I'm ready to be close to Russ again!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment