Thursday, April 16, 2009

Love and Marriage... Love and Marriage...

Goes together like a horse and carriage. Haha. That song always made me laugh for some reason....it just seemed so silly and reminded me of "Sally and Johnny sitting in a tree.... K-I-S-S-I-N-G"

ANYWAY, that song has been stuck in my head... so it was my random post title. I haven't posted in awhile... oops.... sorry, Russ was in town, so I had someone to talk to when random thoughts poured across my mind.

One of the things we talked about while we were together was the large amount of negative feedback we've been getting from friends and co-workers about marriage. We've heard just about every negative comment in the book. I mean, really people, we are getting married in two months, can't you pull out the nice comments that you write in the guestbook????

We know that marriage isn't all fun... it's not always neat and organized. It's life. It gets hectic, stressful, painful, hard.... but we also know that "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." and in the end, thats what we want. And that's what we are striving to show the world... the different kind of love... the different kind of marriage. The marriage rooted in God.

With that, we've decided to either play, or possibly even sing this wonderful song at our wedding ceremony. I absolutely love it and play it anytime I'm feeling a case of the wedding blues setting in. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment