Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My momma always said...

to watch what I post on the internet. And I've really never put anything incriminating on there... at least I don't think so. But after this week... I think that I've gotten a better understanding of what Mom meant.

There was an unfortunate tragedy in a nearby community where a man killed his wife, kids and himself. In a press release yesterday, they revealed that the family was in debt (what family isn't these day?) and that could've been a reason for the husband's stress. The Washington Post went into the wife's blog and found a blog where she said she likes to spend money (again, what woman doesn't) and that she likes to buy specific shampoo and they speculated that her high tastes might be the source of their debt. OKAY... sure, they could've been. But who are the newspaper reporters who know NOTHING of this lady or her family to speculate on that? Like I said, I like to spend money too... but Russ will be the first to tell you that I will do everything in my power to keep us out of debt. And from what I read of this lady's blog... she was willing to make sacrifices so that she could be home with her kids. I guess the community wants answers to why... but should we really care why? There were lives lost for no apparent reason. There are two families mourning their losses. Let's focus less on the past and what has happened and more on the future. The lesson I think we should all take from that is that we don't always know what other people are going through... we should try to be more compassionate and helpful to those who need it.

And maybe to not put that I like to spend money on my blog. I might suddenly become an out of control spender in the eyes of the media. :)

Praying for those families and friends who lost dear ones this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment