Sunday, April 11, 2010

Giving Day 4

It's a beautiful day here in sunny South Carolina.  I woke up to find myself thinking about what my gift for today will be.  I can already see how this is changing my thinking from "What do I need to do today?" to "What CAN I do today (to help someone else)?" 

So this morning as I wrote out our tithe check, I did it with a little more joy and gratitude.  Sure, tithing is something that we are supposed to give, but so is love and forgiveness.  And looking at the world today, I don't believe we are giving love and forgiveness as we are supposed to. 

Anyway, today, I got the feeling that the check was a gift to God.  I've been tithing so long, it has become more of a habit than a gift that I'm glad to give.  Hopefully this little exercise is going to help me to remember that tithing is a gift.  Something to joyfully give to God.  After all, He is letting us keep 90% of HIS money!  (Deuteronomy 8:18a - But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth...)

Have a blessed Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment