Monday, April 12, 2010

The thoughts inside my head...

I know, it's a pretty scary thought, but surprisingly I do have some in there!!!  Actually, I am really good at KEEPING them in there.  Sometimes too good.  My parents always taught me that if I don't have anything good to say to not say anything at all.  But, no one ever really teaches that when you have something good to say, to SAY IT!

I find myself frequently admiring other peoples dresses, shoes, jewelry, nail color, etc.  But I usually just think to myself "How cute is that!"  and never say anything.  Well today, the front office lady had such a cute little dress on.  So I thought to myself about the few times someone has complimented me for something I was wearing and it made me stand a little taller and feel a little more confident in myself.  A gift far too many women need these days.   So I walked right back to her desk and told her how cute she looked.... and she smiled and thanked me.  And I smiled... and my day seemed a little brighter.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a firm believer in the power of a sincere compliment! Great post, Kacey!

    ReplyDelete