Monday, May 10, 2010

Rough Drafts

So after my last post, I decided to start some drafts of things that were on my mind to blog about... with the intention of coming back to them.  Well  I started a post dedicated to the moms and women in my life who have impacted me. But then, I ended up posting it it on Facebook instead because some people who have impacted me greatly don't even know I have a blog....and some... are a little technology-challenged and can't get to it :D 

But now, it is just sitting in my drafts pile waiting to be published... so here it is.  Now... let's see if I can't finish some of these other lingering thoughts :)

In honor of my mom, this Mother's Day note is going out a little.... well, late :)  (See the clock reference in the previous post!)

First of all, I'd like to recognize all of my lady friends and family members.... you ALL amaze me. I think you are all beautiful, strong, remarkable women. You might not take care of children, but you take care of pets, other people's children, husbands, boyfriends, neighbors.... and on and on. It is the nature of a woman to nurture, nourish, love and protect. The world is a better place because of YOU!

To my Church Momma's - There are too many of you to even name. You may not realize it, but I do consider you all to be second mom's to me. Over the past 15 years, many of you have provided me with a listening ear or guidance in some difficult and stressful times. I've watched as you all have guided your marriages and/or your families and I admire each of you for your godliness. Thank you for being strong role models... for taking the time and always listening, and always guiding me back to the One who can help me through it all!

To my work Momma's - Due to my frequent change of jobs, there are a lot of you all too :) You all too have listened and supported me through some tough times... or tough job assignments. Thank you for listening and supporting me and helping me grow. I MISS YOU ALL!!!

My other New Market mom, Sue - You are definitely another second mom in my life. And a taxi service... I can't count how many times you took me to or picked me up from school! You took me under your wing as your own. You endured many sleepovers that are some of my best memories from high school. You provided me with a second home full of love and laughter... and a best friend :) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Aunt MJ - The best aunt a girl could ask for (and not just because you introduced me to Coach!) I feel like you've always treated Khris and I like you would your own! Your silliness, love and spontaneity are always appreciated. Every time I see a Dr. Doolittle movie, I think of you. HAHAHA. Thank you for always listening, loving and always smiling! And for helping to keep all those Brenneman boys straight :)

Meme - You raised three strong men, one of whom I am proud to call my dad and the other two who I'm (usually... hahaha) proud to call my uncles. I don't know where I'd be without any of them or without you. You taught me how to sew, to bake amazing chocolate chip cookies, to cross stitch, to garden and to can. Not many girls can say that! And you made the most amazing chocolate milkshakes ever! And you still make the best potato salad, macaroni salad, bread, gravy......... I could go on and on. Thank you for all the nourishment and love. You may be short, but you are one strong woman and I LOVE YOU!

To my mom by marriage - Thank you for raising such a loving, strong and godly son. Not only that, but thank you for accepting me into the family as if I were one of your own. I admire you for everything you've done and continue to do for the family. I am blessed to have such a sweet, caring Mother-in-Law and was thankful to be able to share this weekend with you :)

And last but not least, to my wonderful mom and friend - I am so blessed to have such a strong, beautiful, amazing mom. I've watched as you've struggled and made sacrifices for me, Khris and Katie and I am amazed at how much you continue to give and give. Even when we don't give back! You are one strong woman who wears so many hats. Not only are you a mom, but a friend, a housekeeper (sometimes an OCD housekeeper...), a chef, a taxi driver, a doctor, a psychologist, a preacher/teacher/lecturer,
a hair stylist, a private investigator, a cheerleader (the nonpeppy kind),a plumber ( thanks to Katie, HAHA!), and of course... an automobile expert (well, right behind dad!) Thank you for everything you've done and everything you've given me. I know there are a few gray hairs with my name on them somewhere... I wish I could be there to give you a back rub or fix you dinner to compensate for them, but know that I love you all the way from South Carolina. XOXO! LOVE YOU!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment