Saturday, September 11, 2010

Reasons I'm not a teacher....

Today, I took care of 15 kids who ranged from 3 to 13 and a few with special needs.  After two hours, I realized why God changed my heart about teaching. 

15 kids in one room is about 12 too many.  I decided today that elementary teachers don't make nearly enough money.

Runny noses make ME run.

Kids are so off the wall.  This kid told me he shreds his homework, gives a fake copy to his robot and then his robot does him homework. Thing was, he was dead serious.  All the other kids were laughing and he was completely serious about his robots. He proceeded to tell me he has billions of robots and he'd sell me one for $159.  I almost wrote the kid a check.   Oh, and then he told me that aliens wake him up. ?????  

My patience lasts for about 15 minutes, or until they start crying.  Whichever comes first. 

Kids are disorganized.  I am not.  My world was in shambles when they were putting crayons in the marker box.

Whining gives me a migraine.

Did I mention my patience?

I have to restrain myself when a four year old looks me square in the eye and repeatedly tells me no when I tell them to do something simple such as sit down.

After 2 hours of madness, I would have loved to have done this:

I love kids and I will love my own.  But I'll just stick to being a mom.  To all those teachers out there, you have my love, respect..... and prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment