Sunday, January 31, 2010

The best investment out there

YES, there really is such a thing as a good investment these days! It's a risk... you can't play it safe, but the value of the investment will never decrease.  Read on...


As I was filing taxes this year, I got to the part about IRA contributions during last year.  I dug through the massively large stack of tax related papers and finally found the one IRA paper.  Surely they have this wrong I thought.  I know I invested more than that.  Oh wait........ yeah..... I forgot to start investing again when I got another job.  Oops.  I was slightly disappointed in that I didn't put in as much as I expected.... but this got me thinking.  Would I be disappointed in my 2008 statement from God?  Have I invested as much as I should have spiritually?  And are my investments bringing dividends?  Should I be investing my time and talent in other "funds" that have better returns than the ones they are invested in now? 

Reminds me of the Parable of the Talents:
It's also like a man going off on an extended trip. He called his servants together and delegated responsibilities. To one he gave five thousand dollars, to another two thousand, to a third one thousand, depending on their abilities. Then he left. Right off, the first servant went to work and doubled his master's investment. The second did the same. But the man with the single thousand dug a hole and carefully buried his master's money.
 After a long absence, the master of those three servants came back and settled up with them. The one given five thousand dollars showed him how he had doubled his investment. His master commended him: 'Good work! You did your job well. From now on be my partner.'
 The servant with the two thousand showed how he also had doubled his master's investment. His master commended him: 'Good work! You did your job well. From now on be my partner.'
The servant given one thousand said, 'Master, I know you have high standards and hate careless ways, that you demand the best and make no allowances for error. I was afraid I might disappoint you, so I found a good hiding place and secured your money. Here it is, safe and sound down to the last cent.' The master was furious. 'That's a terrible way to live! It's criminal to live cautiously like that! If you knew I was after the best, why did you do less than the least? The least you could have done would have been to invest the sum with the bankers, where at least I would have gotten a little interest.

So, the best investment is to open an account with God. If you've already got your account, be sure to use the account He has given you filled with goodness, grace and mercy.  By using the "spiritual currency" in this account, you will  invest back into it too.    Just think about the dividends of helping one person (who helps one person) every day for the next 31 days... over ONE BILLION PEOPLE would be effected by the end of the month... 1,073,741,824 to be exact.   That's a pretty amazing number to reap the dividends of!

I don't normally make New Year's Resolutions, but I do make budgets.  This year I will budget my TIME so that I am not disappointed in my year-end statement with the First and The Last Bank & Trust of God!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! I forget what the investment of time can yield... thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete