Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear Dad,

I recently read that there are over 24 million youth in America that grow up without a father and I wanted to take a chance to tell you "Thank You" for stepping up and being the man that God called you to be.  I could have written a letter, but who does that anymore?  Plus, seeing how bad I am about taking letters to the post office, I probably would've made it to Maryland before the letter!

You have truly inspired me and influenced me to be who I am. Growing up as Daddy's Little Girl, I always knew you were my man to run to if I had questions or problems.  You modeled the open arms that God our Father has towards us, which in turn made it easier for me to turn to Him when I have questions that can't be answered by anyone here on Earth.

You have always shown the women in your life love and respect and in turn, I knew how a man was supposed to treat a woman.  And I expected nothing less from the men I dated and from the man I married.

You always let me know that you expected the best out of me and because of that, I in turn expect the best out of myself.  And even when things didn't turn out for the best, you always kept smiling.... helping us all to keep going.

And on top of all of that, you were have never been afraid to be goofy and have fun.  And because of that, I too can just relax, be silly and enjoy life.

You may not have a lot to show for in this life, but believe me, the things you have showed me in life are more than any car, house or bank account in this world.  I love you!

Happy Birthday! 

Still your Little Girl,
Kacey

No comments:

Post a Comment