Monday, March 22, 2010

Life is like a box of.....

Okay, so here's a tidbit about me.  A confession of sorts.  I love organization.  Sometimes, I like to change my system of organization just so I can organize again.  My spice cabinet? All in the the same little bottles that I bought from World Market (one of my favorite stores lately!) and alphabetized. I just found a system to organize coupons with baseball card sheets so I'm not dropping them all over the grocery store and I was overjoyed. I love organization.  (However, my clothes are doing good to get put on a hanger and my shoes are good to make it to the floor of my closet.  So you don't need to refer me to a nut house yet)

But you know what I can't really organize?  LIFE.  It happens.  And it is messy. And everything doesn't fit neatly on a shelf or in a box.

Life is not simply like a box of chocolates.A box of chocolates usually has a key on it and you can figure it out.  Life is more like a box of melted chocolates.  You might get cherry and caramel together.  Or toffee and coconut.  Blegh.  You can't always separate out the good from the bad.  Sometimes it's a little of both.  Sometimes its just a surprise.  Sometimes it's grand and sometimes it isn't.  But none-the-less, it is chocolate.  It's messy.  But it's good.

1 comment:

  1. Life IS good. I would have to say my life is more like chocolates with NUTS... but then you don't have to share that with "the fam"!

    I'm a big organizer too, and like you it really only affects certain parts of my life. (I think my closet looks like your own!). Coupons and baseball cards? Hmm. You may have to explain that one more! GRIN

    ReplyDelete