Saturday, August 14, 2010

I heart free stuff

This post is just for J.S. since you mentioned you like to see all the freebies :) 

Yes, ALL THAT.  In fact, I'll probably end up making a profit from this loot. 

How?  Okay, here is a quick run down.

At CVS I purchased the following:

Air Wick I-motion Starter Kit - $9.99 on sale for 4.99

Ducolax - $9.99
Colgate Toothpaste - Closeout price of $1.09
3 packs of Halls - Closeout price of $0.72
Robitussin - Closeout price of $1.99
Chest Rub - Closeout price of $0.99
Scope Mouthwash -- Closeout price of $1.69
Listerine Agent Mouthwash -- Closeout price of $1.49
Total Before Coupons - $24.39 plus tax
Coupons - $4 off $20 CVS Coupon
$4 off I-motion starter kit
$3 off Ducolax
$1.50 off Colgate
$2 off 3 packs of Halls
$.75 Scope Mouthwash
$1.00 Listerine Mouthwash
Total paid - 9.98

THEN, I got a $9.99 Extra Care Bucks (ECB's) to use on my next trip.  So, in essence, they handed me $9.98 to buy more stuff next week.  Which, by the way, will be items that generate more "play money"

Then I went to Rite Aid where I fared even better.
2 packages of Ziploc Twist Containers - $3.39 each, on sale B1G1
Crest Toothpaste - $2.69
Almay Lip Gloss - $1.99
2 packages of Pilot Eraseable Gel pens - $3.99 each, on sale B1G1
Schick Razor - $5.99
Visine - $6.99
Total Before Coupons - $25.04 plus tax
Coupons - Rite Aid coupon $5 off $25
$1.50 off 2 Ziploc containers
$.75 off Crest
$1.00 off Almay
2- $1 off Pilot Pens
Rite Aid coupon $1 off Visine
$3.00 off Visine Manufacturer coupon
Total Paid - $9.55

Rite Aid has a program similar to ECB, called UP Rewards.  I got a $3 reward at the bottom of this receipt.  I will also get I will get a $5.99 mail in rebate from Schick for the razor. The Pilot pens have a $2.75 mail in rebate.  AND, I will get a $2.69 Single Check Rebate for the Crest toothpaste from Rite Aid.  So I will basically end up with a profit of almost $5 from this order.   AND IT IS LEGAL!!!!!!!

I can't believe I ever paid for this stuff :P

2 comments:

  1. (stares in awe)
    Girl? How do you do it? It looks so complicated! You should "teach a class" or something to dumb it down for those of use who don't get how to find the deals, coupons, etc.
    (stares in awe) Did I say that already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise,
    I confess, I have a helper. There are a TON of blogs out there who devote all their time to finding deals. The main one I use is SouthernSavers.com. She is WONDERFUL in loading up all the ads along with the coupons that are available for it. As for finding the coupons, I just buy the newspaper every week and then I print quite a few off the internet. We have saved SO much money this year! Check out SouthernSavers for her tips and the sales for CVS and RiteAid (since they are national stores) I started teaching Khris how to work CVS, so he might be able to help too!

    ReplyDelete