Friday, December 3, 2010

Memories

Another hard photo challenge... Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory

I've been so blessed and loved that it is hard to pick one memory.  I could easily say our fabulous wedding day.   Or all the holidays with the entire family.  Graduating high school and being the first in the family to graduate college would also be right up there.   Fun family vacations (yes, there really is such a thing!).  Or spending summers canning vegetables and making hay with the grandparents. The list goes on and on.  I just can't pick ONE favorite memory. 

So I picked the memory I wish I could go back to...a time when life was so simple. We were young and had no cares.  We had a ton of friends that all lived on the same street.  We rode bikes, played in sandboxes, swung on the mailboxes, played hide and seek, shared toys and ate at whichever house we happened to be at during lunch or dinner time.  The ice cream truck came every night.  On the weekends, our parents cooked out and spent time together like neighbors should.  And we lived just around the corner from our cousin's and not far from our grandmother.  Life was grand!



 

2 comments:

  1. Cute! But who's who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back row is Khris and I. And for the life of me, I can only remember the names of the girls on the front row.

    ReplyDelete