Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm getting married!

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the little details of the wedding planning that you forget the whole point of it. And being three states away from the person that you are marrying... doesn't make it any easier. The reality has suddenly hit me this week.... that I'm getting married. Don't get me wrong, I've realized that from the beginning, but I think the three month mark this week put the fear back in me.

Dad asked me when we first got engaged if I ever wondered if Russ was the right one. And I didn't even have to think about it... I said no. But this week, to be honest, the question crossed my mind. So today I went through some pictures of Russ and I... reliving the times when we've been together since we can't be right now. And those pictures helped me remember that I'm definitely not afraid of that. Russ is caring, he loves me for who I am (even when I'm as crazy as can be), he is passionate about his job, he is great with kids, loves people, loves God, makes me laugh when I need it the most, is my tower of support when I need it, he cooks with me, he cooks for me, he cleans with me, he acts silly with me and makes messes with me, he sings at the top of his lungs in the car, he sings sweet songs to me, he makes me want to be a better person.... and he is going to be a wonderful husband.

Like I said, I think the problem is that I see myself getting old now. I really can remember the first day of kindergarden.... and it doesn't feel like its been 20 years. I feel like if I blink, I'm going to be having kids. Then if I blink again, those kids will be graduating high school and getting married themselves. That makes me feel old. And that scares me.

But I'm putting it behind me. I'm ready for the next stage of my life... even though it is coming fast. I'm going to cherish every moment until the wedding... the next chapter of my life... and I can't wait to make more memories with Russ. :)





I miss this kid


No comments:

Post a Comment