Saturday, March 28, 2009

Laughter is the Best Medicine!

I have adopted the following quote as our wedding motto:
"I dreamt of a wedding of elaborate elegance. A church filled with flowers, friends and beautiful music. I asked him what kind of wedding he wished for. He said one that would make me his wife."
I truly try to get Russ' input on these things, but he just doesn't have much of an opinion. Not because he doesn't want to help, but just because it really doesn't matter to him. He really just wants me to be happy. Which is lovely... romantic... and all that good stuff. Except when I want his opinion because I can't make up my mind.
There have been plenty of times that I wish he was here so I could get him involved in all these little "joys". There have been times that I've been upset because I'm stressing about some minor detail and he is off in NCAA football land. Or March Madness land... not a bit worried about what our centerpieces look like.
I stumbled across list of reasons to not put a groom in charge of the wedding today and it made me laugh... and motivated me to get back on wedding planning, lest Russ take over and come up with one of these plans:

Instead of tuxedos, the ushers would wear tie die shirts and the groomsmen would wear camoflauge. (Although, Russ' fashion expectations actually exceed mine, so I wouldn't have to worry about this)

The Bridesmaids attire would look something like this:


Instead of flower bouquets, Bride would carry bag of Doritos for Groom to snack on during ceremony.

Weddings during football season would have to take place during the week.

Your wedding cake may be made of Hostess and Little Debbie snack cakes.



During ceremony, Bride would be forced to participate in emotional "giving of the Remote Control" custom

Instead of spending thousands of dollars on an elegant reception site, the reception would be held at Hooters.
Instead of dancing and socializing at the wedding, there would be huge plasma screen TV's set up hooked up to every game system known to man.

The Bridal Party would arrive in a F-250. (or wait, is this redneck weddings? hmm, a whole other list of possibilities could come in there!)

And my favorite......Your Save the Date would look like this:


So... back to wedding planning I go.... by myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment